About: Legacy Game Systems
Recent Posts by Legacy Game Systems
Are you in love with post-apocalyptic movies, comics, TV-shows and video games? Ever considered fighting zombies...in reality? We're creating a system that allows you to live games in an AR setting, using minimal technology in order to keep track of your health, spells, and weapon abilities.
Whether you're a video gamer, laser tag enthusiast, or long-time LARPer, we believe we have found a way to take your game to a whole new, immersive level. Fight zombies, goblins, or whatever else your heart desires thanks to Legacy Game System's Daemon Platform--hardware that allows you to LIVE the game.
Legacy Game Systems
Ford Ivey & Sidney Fisher
Produced & Directed by
Grant Edwards & Noreen Sullivan
Albert J. W. Summers
Special Thanks to Foundation Walls
Our graphic designer and app coder met last week to discuss the official User Interface (UI) for our Daemon Platform. There have been quite a few iterations over the last year, and we're getting closer to something we are really proud to show off.
The main question is how we will be able to build a base app that will be able to support different games. To test this, we will be creating an app specifically for our wizard duel game, Spell Slingers (formerly called Wizard Wars).
More information to come soon!
We got some footage from Dragon Con 2016, where we were able to play test our new wizarding mobile game! Our players had a lot of fun casting spells at each other. The best part is that we have so much more planned for the game, including more spells, mana, and swords.
You can watch some of our players casting fireballs and trying to freeze each other in the hallway of the Westin--like laser tag, but better. After all, how often do you get to cast a fireball at laser tag? 😉
It's been a few weeks since we were at Dragon Con, but we are still excited as ever about our latest LARP system. Whether you got to play-test our Wizard Wars game (soon to be renamed!) or if you're simply interested in our innovative mobile technology--we are so glad to have you join us for the ride!
We will be keeping you up-to-date on our gaming products as they are developed and released. First and foremost, you can expect our wizarding game to be available for pre-order in about one month.
If you have yet to sign up for our newsletter, you can do so by signing up here.
Looking forward to great things to come!
~The Legacy Game Systems Team
A few weeks ago we hosted a play-test for our Daemon Platform, particularly looking at running our upcoming Wizard Wars game. Russ and Torrey were our guinea pigs--thanks, you two! <3
You'll notice in the photos that there are a few featured components:
1) The Cowl: We've made purple and gold cowls that go over the shoulders, which have several sensors attached to it. These sensors detect when spells or weapons hit you.
2) The Sword: Each sword has hardware built into the handle, which detects when a hit connects with your target. Three buttons on each weapon also allow you to use abilities.
3) The Wand: Wands allow you to cast spells at others using a button and a movement directed at your target.
4) The Phone Device: Each person wears a cell phone on their wrist, which keeps track of all the data happening during the game. Glancing down at your wrist allows you to determine your Hit Points, abilities, etc.
Recent Comments by Legacy Game Systems
- January 25, 2019 on Why I Love Playing a Divination Wizard in 5e Dungeons & Dragons